Sunday, September 4, 2011

Degrees & Dreams

I graduated with my bachelors degree this past June. While the journey I took had many ups and downs, the high of actually walking across the stage to receive my diploma was surreal. The added bonus of following my oldest son across that same stage filled me with more pride than a parent is probably entitled to. Between the article in our local newspaper noting our dual accomplishments and the celebration at work, I was humbled by all the good wishes. I will build on that momentum to further the pursuit of my dreams.

I enjoy the creative part of writing, imagining all the ideas and different scenarios that could happen from even subtle changes in the story. For me, this is actually living the dream. Whether or not I sell my script (and of course, that's what any writer hopes for when they put an idea to paper), my latest script is clear, concise, and full of promise. It's what life is all about, doing what you love and loving what you do. We should all be so lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment